3D Work – Making a Prototype of Your 3D piece

 Since I have already done the sketches for my project, I made a prototype of my 3D outcome. I used as reference the following sketch:


Unfortunately, I didn't have much clay at my house so I made a base using card and aluminum as you can see in the following image:


After modeling the base I made the figure. My hands were always dirty with clay so I couldn't take pictures of the process. This was the result:


It took me around 1 hour and a half to 2 hours to do everything. It is not excellent but the clay I had was not the best and I did not have as much as I needed. However, I believe that this will be enough for me to have an idea of what I like to see and what I don't like to see in my sculpture. For example, I think that the figure is too compact, since it is a mythical creature maybe extending the dress would look good. Also, it is too feminine - on my 3D piece I will try to do it with less curves.


Comments

Popular Posts