Process: Inanagi and Izanami

In this post I will share the process and final outcome of the painting I made to represent the kamis Izanagi and Izanami. This is the only painting with more than one figure so I was a little bit worried with the consistency of the collection. I tried to use the same style and colour palette but having two figures made the process more difficult to me.

As the last two paitings I started with a drawing that I didn't like. For this one I had use the sketch I had previously made:



I was in the beginning of the drawing when I gave up and moved on to a different composition. This was my second drawing:



As the previous drawings, I started by painting the skin and hair of the figures. I believe that this is the most important feature in the drawing so if I had messed this up I would have time to do a new one:



After the skin, I painted the clothes. I used the same colour palette as the previous drawings:



And the I added the background:


For this, I used as reference the following image:


For the clothes and pose, I used as reference the following image:

Reflection about the process and outcome

This was my last painting. To be honest, it is my least favourite. If I had the chance to do this painting again, I would problably change the composition once again. Also their poses could have been a little bit different, they could have been more expressive for example. It is not a bad painting, but since it was my last I expected it to be better.






Comments

Popular Posts